The NBSO Needs You!
We need your help to build a community of music! Volunteers play an important role in the NBSO’s mission of artistic excellence, music education, and community outreach.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities currently available at the NBSO. Please consider joining our organization for a few hours or more and help us bring music to the SouthCoast! To volunteer or offer your assistance, please email Conee Sousa or call the NBSO office at 508-999-6276.
- Office Administration: Answer phones, open mail, type letters, data entry, filing, mailings; all skill levels welcomed; familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel are not required but are a plus.
- Mailings: Assist with copying, folding, stuffing and sealing letters and envelopes.
- Special Events: Assist with event planning, logistics, set up, clean up, promotion and coordination.
- Distribution: Assist with the distribution of posters and flyers in South Coast communities.
- Concert Production: Assist with transportation of guest artists, assist conductor with stage set up for rehearsals, concert logistics, arrange for water and food for musicians.
- Educational Programs: Assist with the administration of educational programs, including record keeping, mailings, phone calls, site visits, training, and helping with Young People’s Concerts; all skill levels welcomed; familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel, and any background in education, are not required but a plus.
- Marketing: Assist with concert and special events marketing, emails, e-newsletters, brochures, posters and flyers.
- Fund Raising: Assist with annual fund, concert sponsorships, endowment, planned giving, prospect identification, cultivation activities, and solicitations.